1. How do you define innovation, and why is it important for you (personally, not for your professional activity)?
Innovation, for me, is something that makes me enter a new economic paradigm (new business model, new consumer segmentation, new behavior).
2. If we only consider “digital” what’s the biggest impact you witnessed directly these last years (remote working notwithstanding)?
Cryptocurrencies and NFTs are in my eyes a big innovation - full traceability of money and culture transfers.
3. What’s currently the hottest topic in your field that you believe might have a chance to really be transformative?
I believe NFTs will change a big chunk of culture consumption: concert attendance proofs, in-game tradeable loot, unique avatar cross platforms.
4. In contrast, what's the most over-hyped topic and why?
I am not very convinced by VR which I think requires too much hardware and proper setup to deliver a great experience.
5. What is the most surprising weak signal you have direct knowledge of that we all should be paying more attention to?
I think authoritarian regimes and what we believe is innovative coming from them is just a Potemkine village, all show, no depth.